Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Part Seventeen

Say Amen. Say CQ.

My third Sunday begins at Light of the World Catholic Church in Littleton, Colorado. I don't like to call them mega churches. It looks like a small cathedral inside. I'd like to say it is a "congregation in the round", kinda like a big semi-circle of pews surrounding the altar and sacristy where the Mass is celebrated. 




Capacity looked to be about 2000. And it was a special day at this 1030am Mass. Seems the Archbishop of Denver, the Most Reverend Samuel J. Aquila, was here to install a new pastor for the church, Father Matthew Book. 


I met his Holiness and Father Matthew. The service was great with the archbishop celebrating the Mass, the congregation in strong voice, and you follow the hymns of the Mass via PowerPoint projections on 2 big screens. Say Alleluia. Say Amen.

After church, I was on my way to Elizabeth, Colorado to visit my ham radio friend and private pilot Nate, WY0X, his wife Jean, KC0KTI, and their dogs, Dino and Rona. The pups were glad to see me and kept me company. A steak barbeque was for dinner and we got caught up on our lives. Nate, in particular, has been studying and is now a certified private pilot instructor. I learned a lot about flying from Nate and flying parlance. And there is one thing happening that reminds me of my hometown airport Bradley International. DIA, Denver International Airport, has departures going south over Nate’s house. A touch of home, how lovely.

Monday we head to Durango, Colorado to ride the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad. Yup, we are stoked!!

I'm Philip J Zocco. On TehRoad. In Elizabeth, Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment